Sheldon Creed, No. 2 Chevy Accssories Chevrolet Silverado
|START: 12th FINISH: 7th POINTS: 9th|
| Notes & Quotes:—|
– Sheldon Creed earned his third consecutive top-10 finish, and his fourth top 10 of the season.
– With his seventh-place finish, Creed was the highest finishing rookie.
– Creed is currently ninth in the points standings, 147 points behind the leader.
“We just got so tight there at the end. When we were racing the 18 (Harrison Burton) I got a good run down the front stretch and we were side by side down the back stretch and he just drives into my door and caved our fender in. From then on I was just so tight. I had really good restart there with six to go and I picked up a few spots but I couldn’t anything with it because of the way the truck was handling. Pretty solid night for our Chevy Accessories team. We were up to fourth and had some really good passes and I think we would’ve been in contention to win if things had fallen our way. Three top 10s in a row so that’s a positive for us but it could’ve been more and that’s frustrating.”
Brett Moffitt, No. 24 Destiny HomesChevrolet Silverado
|START: 5th FINISH: 5th POINTS: 5th|
| Notes & Quotes:—|
– Early in the race Moffitt was concerned with possible overheating issues early in the race. The team discussed switching an ECU during a four tire pit stop but after cycling the vehicle the issue resolved itself.
– This is Moffitt’s second consecutive top-five finish, and his sixth top-five finish of the 2019 season.
– Moffitt is currently fifth in points, 69 points behind the leader.
“Not our best night overall. We just had a few issues that were beyond our control but we bounced back from it. It says a lot about this 24 team and the Chevy Silverados they bring to the track every week that a fifth-place finish isn’t a finish that we’re happy with but that’s the standard that we are held to and it helps us grow and perform as a team. We picked up a good bit of momentum in the first few races of this summer stretch and hopefully we can go out there next week in Chicago and finish June out strong.”