Sheldon Creed, No. 2 Chevy Accessories Chevrolet Silverado
|START: 5th | FINISH: 25th | POINTS: 9th|
|Notes & Quotes:—|
– After finishing second in Stage One, Sheldon Creed made substantial contact with the wall after contact with the No. 51 early in Stage Two. The team made repairs and kept Creed on track for most of the day, but their day would ultimately end several laps early after an oil leak.
– Creed sits ninth in points and is currently projected 12th in playoff standings, 105 points back from the cutoff line.
“I really hate this for my entire team, they deserve better than the finishes we’ve had. It feels like I just can’t catch a break. I haven’t seen the replay of what happened with the 51, but I know that’s not how we wanted the day to go. We had a really good Chevy Accessories Silverado this weekend. We ran well in practice and Jeff (Stankiewicz, crew chief) and I were communicating well on what we needed to improve. I thought we were going to have a shot at victory lane today, but we got caught up with the 51 and that ended our chances. We’ll go put our heads down and get to work and come back next week.”
Brett Moffitt, No. 24 Chevy Accessories Chevrolet Silverado
|START: 4th | FINISH: 5th | POINTS: 2nd|
| Notes & Quotes:—|
– Brett Moffitt rallied to a fifth-place finish after battling with an ill handling Silverado most of the race. The team changed several components during final practice on Friday including the fuel pump. During Saturday’s race Moffitt felt like he could not get drive off the corner and the truck felt “flat” for most of the day on the straightaways.
– This is Moffitt’s eighth top-five finish of the season.
– Moffitt is currently second in the points standings, 34 points back from the leader. He is currently projected first in playoff standings with two victories and 11 playoff points.
“It was a very uneventful day in Pocono for us. It’s frustrating to get so spread out and the PJ1 really didn’t come into play at all which is unfortunate. I applaud NASCAR for trying something, but we need to do something to make the racing better here. It’s just all about track position, it’s all about getting up front and staying up front. All-in-all we had a pretty good No. 24 Chevy Accessories GMS Silverado. Jerry (Baxter, crew chief) and everyone did a great job working with what we had. I felt like we were fighting some kind of engine issue or driveline issue. I couldn’t get a run on anyone like they could get on me. It plagued us all race long and I wasn’t able to be agressive.”