Sheldon Creed, No. 2 Chevy Accessories Chevrolet Silverado
|START: 6th | FINISH: 4th | POINTS: 11th|
|Notes & Quotes:—|
– Sheldon Creed’s sixth-place qualifying effort marks the 14th time he has qualified inside the top 10. Creed battled a tight handling truck all night long. The team continued to make adjustments throughout the evening and ultimately gambled on the Lap 82 caution to take fuel only in an effort to maintain track position.
– This is Creed’s fourth top-five finish of the season and his fifth consecutive top-10 finish.
– The No. 2 team was penalized for 15 minutes of Friday’s only practice session due to an infraction in technical inspection.
“Overall it was a decent night for our Chevy Accessories Silverado. We were racing up in the top three for a while. That last run I just got too tight after about 15 laps and I just had to hang out to it and bring it home. Thanks to GMS, Chevy and all my friends and family for the support.”
Brett Moffitt, No. 24 CMR Roofing Chevrolet Silverado
|START: 4th | FINISH: 7th | POINTS: 1st|
|Notes & Quotes:—– Brett Moffitt qualified in the fourth position, but was forced to the rear of the field after changing a flat tire after qualifying.When the caution came out on Lap 5, Moffitt had already battled up to the 18th position and broke into the top 10 on Lap 20. About 15 laps into the final run of the race after a fuel only pit stop, Moffitt’s Silverado grew very tight, ultimately dropping to the seventh position.|
– Moffitt led three times for a total of 12 laps.
– Moffitt is currently the points leader and advances to the Round of 6 in the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series Playoffs. He is the number one seed in the Round of 6 with a projected 17 point lead over second place.
“Not really sure what’s going on with the engine issues tonight but I wasn’t worried. We’ve always had really reliable Chevys and we work hard on our engine program to maintain them, so it wasn’t really an issue for us. Moving forward we just need to keep plugging along. We are going to three completely different race tracks. Hopefully we can go out there and win a race early in the next round, but I think it will be a little more stressful than this one is for us. Overall a solid night for us here, got very tight in that last run, but we came away with a solid top-10 finish.”