Sheldon Creed, No. 2 Chevy Accessories Chevrolet Silverado
|START: 2nd | FINISH: 21st | POINTS: 9th|
| Notes & Quotes:—|
– Sheldon Creed earned a career-best qualifying effort of second, missing the pole by less than three one-hundredths of a second.
– Creed took the lead on Lap One and would lead for a total of 36 laps. Creed won Stage One, his second stage win of the season.
– Creed is currently ninth in the points standings, 155 points behind the leader.
“Our Chevy Accessories Silverado was definitely the fastest truck I’ve had all year. We got out front and it was close to perfect. We pitted a couple times and went off strategy then it just snapped loose. I can’t help but be disappointed with our finish tonight. This team works so hard every week and I can’t thank them enough. We’ll keep learning and rebuild and be back for Pocono.”
Brett Moffitt, No. 24 Chevy Accessories Chevrolet Silverado
|START: 7th | FINISH: 7th | POINTS: 3rd|
|Notes & Quotes:—|
– Brett Moffitt led twice for a total of 35 laps in Thursday night’s event at Kentucky Speedway. The team notified Moffitt with approximately 15 laps remaining in the race that they might be short on fuel and to conserve. With three laps remaining in the race Moffitt reported he was out of gas and was forced to pit from the lead, relegating him to a seventh-place finish.
– This is Moffitt’s ninth top-10 finish of the season.- Moffitt is currently third in the points standings, 41 points back from the leader.
– Moffitt continued his streak of qualifying inside the top 10 in every event this season.
“I had to try to save fuel, I was backing off as much as I could. Honestly everyone on this team did a great job tonight. It sucks to lose them like that. We lost another playoff spot to another manufacturer which isn’t good for Chevrolet but we had a really good Chevy Accessories Silverado tonight. All in all we called a great race and we were just a lap short. It’s tough, we had a good size lead there and a great handling truck and I’ve never ran great here so that was fun to get up front and dice it out. Jerry (Baxter, crew chief) called a great race and everyone works hard here. I can’t thank the Gallagher family enough and everyone involved. It’s just a bummer.”