Sheldon Creed, No. 2 Chevy Accessories Chevrolet Silverado
|START: 12th FINISH: 6th POINTS: 10th|
|Notes & Quotes:—|
– Sheldon Creed earned his second consecutive sixth-place finish this weekend at Iowa Speedway.
– This is Creed’s third top-10 finish of the 2019 season.
“We needed to find more speed to be able to compete for a win. We’re figuring races out we just needed more speed today, we needed to get that extra little push. Our Chevy Accessories Silverado drove pretty decent, I would just get eaten alive on restarts because it took about 20, maybe 25, laps to get going. I would just race like crazy on restarts to keep them behind me until my truck would come in. I just wish we could’be found a little more grip. We put a solid effort in today but I’m definitely looking to build on what we’ve got going and put some even stronger finishes together.”
Brett Moffitt, No. 24 Destiny Homes Chevrolet Silverado
|START: 6th FINISH: 1st POINTS: 4th|
| Notes & Quotes:—|
– Brett Moffitt won the 11th Annual M&M’s 200 presented by Casey’s General Store. This is his eighth victory in 46 Gander Outdoors Truck Series races. After taking the checkered flag in second place, Moffitt was ultimately declared the winner of the race after the No. 44 was declared “too low” by NASCAR in post race technical inspection.
– This is Moffitt’s first victory and sixth top-10 finish in 2019.
– This is Moffitt’s second victory and second top-10 finish in two races at Iowa Speedway.
– Moffitt started the race fourth after Saturday’s qualifying session was rained out and the field set by the rule book.
– Moffitt is currently fourth in points, 51 points behind the leader.”
“Obviously the circumstances have changed in the hour or so since we took the checkered flag. Second place is probably the hardest thing to swallow and to have it work out like it did is awesome. Obviously not the way we wanted to win it. We wanted to win it on track and go to victory lane and celebrate but I’ll take wins however we can get them right now. I need to thank the Maury Gallagher and the Gallagher family for the opportunity to be out here competing for wins each week. I’m glad we could get that first win of the season for GMS Racing.
“This is a big shift in momentum for us. We had a solid day today and it was our smoothest race as far as performance and execution. Nothing really happened against us. We did our jobs and did what we needed to do we just came up a spot short on the track. So a lot of positive take aways from our performance today.
“This is NASCAR’s new protocol, obviously they don’t want to be announcing incumbered wins on Tuesdays so they changed to this way of technical inspection. I think this is the first time it’s actually affected the outcome of the race win so it’s certainly good for me right now. I just wish we could’ve won it on track but i’ll take it any way we can get it.”