Sheldon Creed, No. 2 Chevy Accessories Chevrolet Silverado
|START: 12th | FINISH: 9th | POINTS: 10th|
| Notes & Quotes:—|
– Sheldon Creed started 12th for Friday night’s event after qualifying was rained out. Creed had battled up to seventh by the end of Stage One, but a long stop on pit road forced him to restart 16th. Creed battled through the field and would finish Stage Two in ninth. The team made their final pit of the night under green on Lap 93, taking four tires and fuel and making a track bar adjustment to help the handling of the truck. Creed finished ninth.
– Friday night’s ninth place finish was Creed’s 11th top-10 finish of the season.
– Creed finished the season 10th in the drivers points and 11th in the owners standings.
“I’m a bit disappointed, our Silverado was better than what the finish showed. We had a couple tire issues in practice, but we were really good at the end of final practice. The rain messed with things a bit and we were just chasing the handling all night. That long green flag run was tough at the end, but we’ll take the top-10 and come back better next year.”
Brett Moffitt, No. 24 CMR Roofing Chevrolet Silverado
|START: 4th | FINISH: 5th | POINTS: 3rd|
| Notes & Quotes:—|
– Brett Moffitt started fourth for Friday night’s event at Homestead-Miami Speedway after quaifying was cancelled due to rain. Moffitt battled for position throughout the first stage, but would ultimately finish Stage One in fourth. A stellar pit stop propelled Moffitt into the lead to begin Stage Two. The second stage was relatively calm, with one caution, and Moffitt finished Stage Two in fourth. After pitting during the final stage break, the team made its final stop of the night on Lap 96 under green for four tires, fuel and adjustments to keep up with the changing track conditions. Moffitt’s Silverado proceeded to get very loose on the long green flag run to conclude the race, ultimately finishing fifth in the season finale.
– Moffitt finished third in the points standings, three points behind the champion. The No. 24 finished third in the owners points, two points behind the owners champion.
– Moffitt led once for three laps.Friday night’s fifth-place finish was Moffitt’s 13th top-five finish and his 17th top-10 finish of 2019.
“We were just bad from the get go this morning. We got it better, everyone worked hard and made good decisions, but we were just missing speed. We were decent at the beginning of the race on the long run, but we would lose too much time on the short runs it just cost us ultimately. It is what it is. We had a good year and we’ll regroup and go at it again next year. I can’t thank the Gallagher family enough and CMR Roofing, all of our partners throughout the year that have gotten us to this point. It’s a disappointment, but we’ll move on and get better.”