Sheldon Creed, No. 2 Chevy Accessories Chevrolet Silverado
|START: 10th | FINISH: 2nd | POINTS: 8th|
| Notes & Quotes:—|
– Sheldon Creed started first in the fifth qualifying race of the night and finished second in that event, earning him a starting position of 10th. The No. 2 team elected to pit during the first stage break for four tires, fuel and adjustments, positioning Creed mid-pack for the restart. Creed battled back into the top-10, but before the completion of stage two Creed spun and was mired back in the pack. During the final stage he drove from 20th to ultimately finish second
– Thursday night marked Creed’s career-best NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series finish of second. This is his first top-five finish of the 2019 season and his first since Homestead-Miami in 2018.
– Creed posted his first top-10 finish in four races at Eldora Speedway. It is his fifth top-10 finish of 2019.
– Creed sits eighth in points and is currently projected 12th in playoff standings, 120 points back from the cutoff line.
“This place is so tough. You’ve got to be so so easy. I don’t know if there’s an award for most trucks passed but I feel like we came from the back a couple times. Started 10th, got to second and it was all about starting on the top. I thought we were going to start on the top a few times and then they would move us with one to go. I just was fortunate to start on the top those last two restarts, I started sixth and then I was fourth. I’m sure the 99 isn’t happy with me, I was running fifth and doored him pretty good there for fourth and then the caution came out and I was so thankful. Just happy for all my guys. This is my second race with Jeff (Stankiewicz, crew chief) back on board and I just can’t thank all my guys at GMS Racing enough and Chevy for their support. We worked so on this thing last night to get it tightened up and get drive off. I wasn’t very good in the heat race and that’s usually a good sign on dirt if you’re not good right off the bat. Everyone watching, all my friends and family back home are all at the local bar in Lakeside, Cali. Thank you guys, my girlfriend and my grandpa. Running second with as brutal as our season has been, I’m pretty happy with this.”
Brett Moffitt, No. 24 Arlon Chevrolet Silverao
|START: 3rd | FINISH: 29th | POINTS: 4th|
| Notes & Quotes:—|
– Brett Moffitt started first in the third qualifying race of the night and led all 10 green flag laps, earning him the third starting position. The team battled temperature issues for most of the evening. Moffitt was caught up in an incident in Turn One on Lap 65. Compounding the damage with the temperature battle, Moffit was relegated to a 29th-place finish, nine laps down.
– Moffitt’s finish at Eldora ends a streak of five straight top-10 finishes.
– Moffitt is currently fourth in the points standings, 58 points back from the leader. He is currently projected first in playoff standings with two victories and 11 playoff points.
“Our Arlon Chevy Silverado was really fast. We led every lap in our heat and had good speed at the beginning of the race. We just battled overheating issues and then got caught up in that chaos just shy of halfway and couldn’t recover from that. It’s unfortunate, but we’ll shake it off and come back strong next week leading into playoffs.”