Sheldon Creed, No. 2 Chevy Accessories Chevrolet Silverado
|START: 7th FINISH: 11th POINTS: 9th|
|Notes & Quotes:—|
– Sheldon Creed made contact with the wall in the closing laps of Stage One. The team worked to make repairs over multiple pit stops during the first stage break and would restart in the tail end of the field for Stage Two. Creed chased the handling of the truck for the remainder of the night due to the damage and was relegated to an 11th-place finish.
– Creed led once for a total of two laps.- Creed is currently ninth in the points standings, 161 points behind the leader.
“Our Chevy Accessories Silverado was really good tonight. We had three practice sessions yesterday to really get a feel for what we would need tonight in the race. Unfortunately, I clipped the wall pretty good early in the race and just couldn’t recover. That was the hardest I’ve ever had to drive to come home with an 11th-place finish. I can’t thank everybody at GMS and my 2 team for all they do. This just wasn’t our night.”
Brett Moffitt, No. 24 GMS Racing Chevrolet Silverado
|START: 3rd FINISH: 1st POINTS: 3rd|
| Notes & Quotes:—|
– Brett Moffitt scored his ninth victory in 48 Gander Outdoors Truck Series starts in Friday night’s Camping World 225 at Chicagoland Speedway.
– This is Moffitt’s second victory and eighth top-10 finish in 2019. Moffitt led twice for a total of 72 laps.
– After starting third, Moffitt finish third in the Stage One and Stage Two. A spectacular pit stop by the No. 24 crew would put Moffitt up front, where he would remain with a commanding lead until the finish.
“We had a really good Chevy Silverado tonight. Everyone at GMS gave us a really great truck. Hopefully this win brings some awareness to our situation, we’re looking for sponsorship and partners for our No. 24 Chevy. I just need to thank the Gallagher family, Maury and Spencer, for giving me this opportunity and everyone on the 24 team for the hard work they put in. It’s been a rough start to the year but we’re getting on a roll now.
“I thought our night was going to be over when that incident happened with the 88, I saw the 22 get outside of him and the 88 try to block it. Once the 22 started spinning down the track he only got my door and not my right rear tire. No harm, no foul. We moved on and the truck stayed fast.”